“Why Can’t I Lose Belly Fat?” – have you been asking this question to yourself and wondering even after doing ab exercises every single day, the tummy fat is still right there! To start with, getting on a good weight loss diet on the Rati Beauty app and adopting a few simple techniques can help you reduce fat from everywhere, including from around the belly area. So, let’s find out what simple ways we are talking about to reduce tummy fat.
1. Avoid Transfat: Say no to transfat that makes it way through processed food because it tends to mobilize fat from other areas of the body and directs them to the tummy area, increasing the waist circumference. Microwave popcorn, margarine, fried foods, cakes, pastries, etc. may have transfat and it would be a good idea to avoid them totally to lose belly fat.
2. 6 Effective Exercises to Lose Belly Fat: Including 30 minutes of cardio helps to burn overall fat as well as belly fat. Check out these “6 Effective Exercises to Lose Belly Fat.”
3. Avoid Refined Carbs: Food items such as sugar, candies, white bread, pizza, donuts, cookies, burgers, chocolates, etc. have refined carbs that spike insulin levels and have loads of calories that quickly add up and get stored as fat in cells. Refined carbs can sabotage fat burning, especially tummy fat. In fact, cutting down refined carbs can give faster results than going low fat. The solution would be to use complex carbs instead of refined carbs, here’s a list of the Best Carbs to Eat for Weight Loss.
4. Practice HIIT: High-Intensity Interval Training workouts are extremely effective to burn fat when compared to cardio exercises such as walking or running on the treadmill because the body continues to burn calories because of increased oxygen consumption for up to 24 hours after the workout. HIIT also boosts enzymes that are responsible for fat burning and also decrease levels of fat-producing enzymes. HIIT exercises are great for busy women because they burn more fat and calories in less time, and can be done anywhere one wants. Here is a list of “7 Minute Fat Burning HIIT Exercises That you can Do at Home.”
5. Go High on Protein and Fiber: Protein and soluble fiber are two nutrient categories that are absolutely necessary for weight loss. Protein boosts metabolism, keeps fuller for longer, and burns more calories with its thermogenic properties. Soluble fiber prevents fat gain around the belly area, keeps appetite in check, and reduce cravings for unhealthy food. You can find high protein and fiber diets on the Rati Beauty app.
6. Cut Down Sugar: Dreaming about having a flat tummy? Removing sugar from your life can be a total game-changer as it can help you cut down belly fat. So, do stay off doughnuts, pastries, ice-cream and chocolate, and everything else with refined sugar in it.
7. Eat Lots of Metabolism-Boosting Food: Metabolism is the engine that torches up calories and to keep it running in good condition – do make it a point to eat metabolism-boosting foods – to start with, here’s a list of “25 Vegetarian Metabolism Boosting Foods For Weight Loss.”
8. Get Healthy Fats: Can eating “fat” make you thin? Absolutely yes, provided they should be “healthy fats.” Healthy fats boost metabolism instead of making it sluggish and do not cause insulin spikes. “Insulin,” is a hormone that also triggers fat storage. When there is too much insulin in the blood stream, there are more chances of it getting stored as fat, particularly around the belly area. Healthy fats do not trigger the release of excess insulin, slowing down the process of fat storage and help cut down belly fat as well.
9. Avoid Alcohol: Have you heard of “beer belly?” Alcohol supply the body with empty calories, most of them get stored around the waist area. Swear off alcohol to see a major change in waist circumference after following a healthy diet and exercise routine.
10. Reduce Stress: High stress can trigger a lot of health issues including type 2 diabetes and inflammation. The stress hormone, cortisol, can in fact, encourage accumulation of fat around the tummy area. Try out 10 Tips to Lower Stress in order to Lose Weight.
11. Sleep, Sleep, Sleep: Sleep deprivation can play havoc on hormones levels that play important roles in weight loss, notably insulin, cortisol, ghrelin. When you sleep well, the body rejuvenates, repairs, and balances out these hormones, and amps up the metabolism, and gives the body a chance to reduce belly fat. Sleep for 7 hours straight not only to lose weight but to prevent weight gain as well.
12. Sip on Green Tea: Green tea has antioxidants that boost metabolism and help in torching up of calories when followed with a healthy diet and exercise.