Neem for Clear Skin – Benefits and Different Ways to Use – When it comes to the most popular Ayurvedic skin care ingredient, neem is hard to beat! And why not! After all, there is a reason why neem is known as the one-stop solution for almost all of our skin issues. Here in this article, we are going to talk about few ideas on how to use neem for clear skin. Our skin often get troubled with acne, pimples, blackheads, rashes, hyper pigmentation etc, and would you believe, if we say neem can actually cure them all? Well, it does. It has antiseptic, anti fungal, anti bacterial, anti viral, anti inflammatory and anti aging benefits that can potentially treat every skin issue and leave us with clear, healthy skin. Find out here how to use neem for clear skin.
Check – List of Best Neem Face Gel to Try for Healthy Skin
Why You Should Use Neem for Clear Skin?
- Neem has been used since ages to treat pimples and acne and get clear skin. The anti bacterial and anti fungal properties of neem, along with its anti inflammatory benefits are highly effective treating breakouts. Neem can reach deep in to the skin layers, eliminate the impurities and help reducing acne and pimples effectively.
- The anti septic and anti inflammatory properties of neem help soothe the inflammation of the skin and speed up the healing process.
- Neem is the source of natural salicylic acid, which is well known for its acne-fighting benefits. Salicylic acid helps to unclog blocked pores through exfoliation and helps controlling acne, blackheads, whiteheads.
- Being a natural astringent, neem helps in absorbing the excess oil from the skin pores and prevents blocked pores. Also, it helps in drying out active acne fast, for the same reason.
- Not only acne, but neem is extremely beneficial in reducing acne scars as well. Neem is rich in vitamin C and E, and both these vitamins are known to fight off skin pigmentation effectively.
- Regular use of neem is beneficial to boost our complexion. The anti oxidant benefits of neem help controlling the melanin production in the skin, thereby enhancing our skin tone.
- The secret to achieve a healthy and clear skin is to maintain the pH balance of the skin. Topical application of neem is very beneficial to balance the pH level of the skin. It prevents skin from getting too oily or too dry, thus keeping it balanced and avoiding many skin problems.
- Apart from acne, neem helps in treating many other skin problems, thanks to its powerful anti inflammatory benefits. When applied on insect bites or any other skin irritation, neem can reduce the itching and swelling instantly. The natural analgesic properties of neem provide relief from pain as well.
- Neem contains extraordinary high amount of anti oxidants, which protect our skin from sun damage. The anti inflammatory benefits of neem along with its analgesic properties, help to reduce the pain and swelling caused by sunburn. Vitamin E provides a boost of moisturization and helps the skin to heal faster.
- Neem has amazing anti aging properties. It is a source of vitamin C and vitamin E, and both these vitamins are known for their anti aging benefits. Vitamin C promotes collagen production and restores the natural elasticity of our skin, thus reducing wrinkles, lines etc. Dry skin is at a higher risk of developing premature aging signs. Vitamin E restores moisture to the skin, thus treating dry skin effectively. Vitamin E also fights against photo aging (caused by UV exposure).
- Neem oil is rich in palmitic acid along with omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids which help to nourish the skin deeply from inside. The carotenoids present in the oil fight off the free radicals and protect the skin from premature aging.
How to Use Neem for Clear Skin
1. Apply Neem Paste to Get Clear Skin
How to prepare?
Take a handful of fresh neem leaves and wash them thoroughly. Put them in a blender and add some water. Blend until it forms a smooth paste. Take it out and apply it all over the face as well as neck. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and after that, wash off using fresh water. Reapply 2-3 times weekly. This is the simplest way to use neem for healthy and clear skin.
2. Apply Neem Oil for Clear Skin
How to use?
Take a few drops of organic neem oil and apply it all over the face. Massage gently with your fingertips for few minutes and leave it on the skin for another 10-15 minutes. After that, wash off using a mild cleanser. Reapply once everyday.
3. Neem and Mint Face Pack for Clear Skin
How to prepare neem and mint face pack to get clear skin?
In a blender, put a handful of fresh neem leaves as well as some mint leaves. Add some water and blend together to form a smooth paste. Take it out and apply an even layer on the face and neck. Leave it on the skin for 15-20 minutes and after that, wash off with plain water. Reapply this remedy with mint and neem for clear skin twice weekly.
Why it works?
Mint is a popular home remedy to treat acne and pimples. It comes with anti bacterial properties that help to destroy the acne causing bacteria. Also, it contains salicylic acid which is known for its acne fighting properties. Salicylic acid helps to exfoliate the top layer of the skin and remove the impurities from the pores, thus reducing breakouts.
Furthermore, mint is a source of vitamin A which helps to keep the skin moisturized, and thus preventing excess oil secretion from the sebaceous glands.
Excess oil build up on the skin is often the result of underlying dehydration. As a result, the sebaceous glands produce more oil to compensate the moisture loss and this excess oil accumulates on the skin surface making our skin oily. It ends up attracting dust and block the pores which leads to acne formation. By preventing oil build up, mint helps to combat acne and makes skin clean and clear.
Not only treating acne, but mint is very effective in lightening acne scars as well. It contains salicylic acid, which exfoliates our skin and boosts new cell growth, thus lightening up the marks, scars etc and leaving us with fresher, healthier and clearer skin.
Along with acne and pimples. mint is effective to clear off blackheads. The skin purifying benefits of mint help to draw out the impurities from the pores and in the process, extract the blackheads.
Mint is extremely soothing for our skin. It helps our skin to relax and breath. The anti inflammatory benefits of mint help to soothe irritation and infection and calm the skin down.
Mint contains natural oil, known as mint oil. Mint oil has astringent properties. It helps removing dirt and impurities from the skin pores, and also refines the pore size to make the skin look smoother and toned. It also help unclogging the pores and reducing the frequency of breakouts.
Topical application of mint helps to boost blood circulation in the skin. This further helps to enhance the flow of oxygen and other important nutrients to the skin cells, thus keeping them rejuvenated and healthy.
4. Neem and Rose Water for Clear Skin
How to use neem and rose water to get clear skin?
Take a handful of neem leaves and put them in a blender. Add some rose water and blend to prepare a paste. Take it out and apply the mixture on the face as well as neck. Wait for 15-20 minutes before washing off with fresh water. Reapply this neem face pack for clear skin 2-3 times in a week.
Why it works?
Rose water is must for healthy, glowing and bright skin. It contains various natural bio active chemicals which have amazing benefits for our skin. Also, it contains rose oil, and rose oil is highly effective to achieve glowing and even toned skin.
Rose oil can stimulate the activities of keratinocytes skin cells. These cells are found in the top most layer of our skin and play a vital role in determining our skin health. Also, these cells come with anti inflammatory benefits that help treating inflammatory skin conditions and further boost skin health.
Rose water works great for acne prone skin. It has natural skin cleansing and skin purification properties. Along with that the anti bacterial properties of rose water help with fighting off the acne causing bacteria and get rid of the acne.
The natural astringent properties of rose water also come handy to get clear skin. Topical application of rose water tightens the pores, unclogs blocked pores and prevents breakouts. Also rose water helps to dry out active acne quickly.
Along with these, rose water is a source of various skin friendly nutrients such as vitamin A, B3, C, E as well as anti oxidants. Vitamin A boosts new cell growth and helps with lightening scars and marks, thus making skin clear. Also, this vitamin has great moisturizing benefits, which helps to heal dry skin, making it soft and glowing. Additionally, vitamin A can increase blood flow to the skin, which provides the skin cells with proper nourishment and keep them healthy.
Rose water contains vitamin B3 that has anti oxidant benefits. This vitamin protects our skin cells from oxidative damage and helps to treat various skin problems, including acne, early aging, dryness, dullness, etc. Furthermore, vitamin B3 supports new cell growth to make our skin clearer and glowing.
Rose water is a great source of vitamin C. Vitamin C has amazing benefits for our skin. It is an anti oxidant, that helps removing toxins from the skin cells, thus preventing skin darkening. Also this vitamin can promote skin cell regeneration process and lighten scars and marks, thus making the skin bright, even toned and glowing. Furthermore, vitamin C controls melanin production which also helps to make our skin even toned and clear. Also, it can increase collagen level in our skin, which in turn makes our skin plump, youthful as well as glowing.
Rose water is one of the best natural sources of vitamin E, which helps with lightening pigmentation and making the skin even toned and radiant. Vitamin E, with its anti oxidant properties, protects skin from UV damage and skin darkening. Also it helps to replenish the skin with lost moisture and makes skin soft, supple, clear and glowing.
5. Neem and Basil Face Pack to Get Clear Skin
How to prepare neem and basil face pack for clear skin?
Get a handful of fresh neem leaves as well as basil leaves. Put them in a blender and add a small amount of water. Blend them together into a paste. Take it out and apply this face pack all over the face. Leave the pack on for 15-20 minutes, before washing it off with fresh water. Reapply this face pack with neem and basil for clear skin twice or thrice in a week.
Why it works?
Basil is considered sacred in Ayurveda, because of its wonderful healing properties. Tulsi has powerful anti bacterial properties, which help fighting off the acne causing bacteria. Not just the leaves, but the basil essential oil is also very effective in killing a range of bacteria, including the ones that cause acne.
Basil contains linoleic acid and eugenol, which come with anti inflammatory properties. They help to reduce the pain and swelling of acne. Furthermore, basil comes with anti oxidant benefits as well. It is a source of phenolic compounds such as rosmarinic acid, which help with acne prevention.
The UV rays are responsible to activate the free radicals that cause oxidative damage to the sebum present on our skin. And the damaged sebum creates the perfect breeding ground for acne causing bacteria. The anti oxidant benefits of basil or tulsi prevent the oxidative damage of the sebum and control acne.
Basil has natural anti septic properties. It helps to clear up clogged pores and thus controlling acne as well as preventing them from coming back. Basil has astringent properties as well, which helps to eliminate the excess oil and moisture from the skin. This not only prevents blocked pores, but also dries out active acne fast. The blood purifying benefits of basil also play a vital role in curing acne.
6. Neem and Turmeric Face Pack for Clear Skin
How to prepare neem and turmeric face pack to get clear skin?
First, dry a handful of neem leaves in the shade and then grind them to prepare neem powder. You can also use store bought neem powder. Take a tbsp neem powder in a bowl and add a pinch of turmeric powder to that. Add enough amount of water and mix everything together. Apply it all over the face as well as neck. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with fresh water. Reapply this neem and turmeric face pack for clear skin 2-3 times weekly.
Why it works?
Turmeric can control melanin production and this the primary reason why it is considered so effective to boost our complexion. Turmeric contains a very powerful anti oxidant known as curcumin. Curcumin helps to control melanin production, thus lightens hyper pigmentation and improves the complexion.
Aging can make our skin look wrinkled and patchy. Turmeric comes with powerful anti inflammatory and anti oxidant properties. Studies have confirmed that skin care products that contain turmeric help significantly to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, laugh lines and also lightens skin pigmentation.
Sun Damage can make our skin dry, thick and cause hyper pigmentation. However, turmeric is a great remedy to fight off sun damage. UV radiation can increase the production of an enzyme known as MMP-2. This enzyme affects our skin badly and decreases the collagen content between skin layers. Turmeric is effective to inhibit the production of MMP-2 enzyme, thus preventing skin damage by UV exposure.
Turmeric is highly beneficial in treating breakouts as well. Curcumin present in turmeric posses powerful anti bacterial properties. This helps in fighting off acne. Curcumin also helps in lightening acne scars.
Oily skin looks dull and patchy, plus it attracts dust and dirt more. This further leads to blocked pores and breakouts. Turmeric is a great natural remedy to control the oiliness of the skin. Excess oil build up on the skin is often the result of underlying dehydration. Turmeric contains fatty acids and phytosterols, which effectively can reduce the oil production in the skin by treating dehydrated skin layers underneath.
Here we suggested six different ways to use neem for clear skin. A very powerful natural skin care ingredients, neem, is suitable for all skin types. It is a miraculous cure for most of our skin concerns, and if you’re yet to try neem for skin care, do give it a try. You won’t regret for sure!